A little over 2 months have passed since the last stable release, and so we are once again on the release road starting with 2.7.4RC1. This release combines both bug fixes as well as a fair number new features, so there is something for everyone . Given the long delay since the last release by FUDforum standards, the list of changes is quite impressive.
1. Added admin options to user's profile information page
2. Added subscribed forum filter to message navigator
3. Added an option to allow moderators to be notified of all new messages even on non-moderated forums.
4. On multi-part html bodies, prefer HTML if indicated by the admin
5. Made FULL_ROOT be dynamic.
6. Do not hard-code image path in forum's css.
7. Added handling for in-lined attachments in mailing list import.
8. Make user's control panel tabs appear on show own posts page.
9. Move tabs above the fold on the private message control panel.
10. Updated Chinese translation to use UTF-8.
11. Added move topic link to message listing.
12. Added the ability to supply custom signature to message synchronized from the forum back to mailing list or a news group.
13. Added control panel for MySQL users to simplify SQL table charset adjustment.
14. Added better doctype to header to facilitate faster forum page rendering.
15. Added support for allowing the user to select how many threads they want to see per page.
16. Implement RSS/XML feed caching mechanism.
17. Added an option to restrict times between login attempts.
1. When importing message from a mailing list and performing a uniqueness check based on message, make the check specific for the destination forum.
2. Fixed typo in function name in the group manager.
3. Fixed creation of a missing default theme in the upgrade script.
4. Fixed search regex for multibyte languages.
5. Updated Russian KOI-8 translation.
6. Mass mail/pm admin script fixes.
7. Fixed missing function bug in VB2 conversion script
8. Fixed possible query failure with win32 paths for file attachments.
9. When applying formatting to message body, retain focus on the body.
10. Fixed postgreSQL query error on search indexing.
11. Make forum login FUDAPI code non-mysql specific.
12. Do not try to return to the control panel on logout.
13. Properly decode entities in PDF generation
14. Proper default category selection on admin avatar control panel.
15. Don't lose locking status on setting changes.
16. Added safety check to the theme manager to ensure that PATH_INFO is enabled before allowing creation of themes based on PATH_INFO urls.
17. Handle situations where custom themes have templates not found in the default theme.
18. Fixed sort links on PATH_INFO theme.
19. Fixed possible attachment loss on message edit.
20. Ensure that default font color is set to black.
21. Don't send Content-Length for PDF files if php content compression is enabled.
22. Ignore anon account when getting approval information.
23. Fixed default e-mail address selection for fastcgi installs.
24. Fixed directory check in the installer.
25. Improved database selection in the installer.
26. Fixed cache rebuild bug on forums without messages.
27. Update RSS image with the new standard.
28. Do not send subscription e-mails to banned users.